Monday, July 27, 2009

Our Quilt Block

Our Stake is having each ward make a quilt and then we're going to display them when all are done. Then someone special in our ward gets the quilt. Our ward decided to divide us up in groups and have each group make a 12x12 quilt block and then they will put them all together. The material was chosen but we got to choose a pattern. So this is our quilt block we did. We had a good time sitting and chatting as we sewed and snacked. It took us almost two hours although we did start late come to think of it. When we showed Chris he was a little surprised. I don't know what he was expecting, but he thought it would be more than just one little block for two hours of work. ha ha
I'll have to be sure and get a picture of the whole quilt. I'm curious as to how its going to turn out with so many hands that worked on it.
Starting from the left is Sara, Ali and Carrie

1 comments:

Vintage Vinings said...

Oh! Cute quilt block!!! I'm kinda
like Chris, I guess when I talked
to you I thought you said each
group was going to do the whole top
of a quilt. Yes I see how this is
much more manageable!!!! It will
be interesting to see what patterns
the other groups chose and how they
will all look together. Love the
star pattern!! Great job! Do send us a picture of the whole quilt when it is finished.