Sunday, June 28, 2009

Venting Session

It is 11pm right now and I'm irked. Just as I was about to jump into bed I had to grab one thing out of the guest bedroom. As I walked in there I noticed Cade's hooded jacket lying on the floor around in the corner. Okay that was the last straw. I have been asking him for 2 days to pick it up and take it to his room, instead he hides it in the guest bedroom, wadded up in the corner. We had the kids clean up a room they trashed earlier and as I was walking around doing my nightly routine I kept noticing items that I had asked them to put away were NOT put away but hidden in some corner, under some bed, in some dirty laundry basket. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT? And what really cracks me up is, more than half the time they to go the same distance or even further to hide it then if they had just put the item where it belonged. AAAGGGHHH okay I feel better now. I'm going to bed

4 comments:

aezra noell said...

sadly enough, i can remember doing the same thing when i was little. its true britt, it takes just as much effort if not more putting else where vs where it should be. lesson learned now that im older...now i fear my kids will treat me with the same courtesy. :0( dang it!

Jill said...

My kids do the SAME thing!!! Aurgh!!

Erna said...

Hi Brittany, I don't have your email so I'm just going to leave you a post. I am flying in to Atlanta Wednesday night the 10th of July and wanted to stop by and say hi. It would be late and quick since I fly in @ 10pm & then have to get up and be in Columbus by 8am Thursday. If your up for it I would love it, let me know. :)

erna.ray@cox.net
623.972.3668

Loric said...

Sounds like it's time for a "Lost and Found" bin at your house. Take those items right up and have them "earn" them back. Course knowing my kids, they would never miss the item, and I would forget about it 'til some lost long day when we were desperate for it, then I wouldn't remember where I put it, but that's me. Maybe it would work better for you. :)