Thursday, June 11, 2009

See this old chair. I had two of them and about a 18 months ago I tried my hand at reupholstery (sp ?) I thought it turned out not to bad for my first try.
Here's my finished product. I even put on a cute little button. (It was hard just to do one button)
Now look and see what my son just did to them yesterday. With permanent orange marker.
He couldn't just stick to one chair he had to do both and the little stinker even ripped the button off. ha ha ah
I'm laughing as my eye and cheek are twitching and I'm holding my hands together so I don't reach over strangle the kid.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jill said...

hahahaha!!! I'm sorry I find that funny, Grace just did that tonight to my grandfather's chair. He died two years ago, left me his dining set. Why do kids do that?!?!

Robyn said...

That is pretty funny! I think you need to move back close to me so you can teach me how to be such a good homemaker. I want to learn how to make hairbands for my baby, paint (ok I know how to paint but it is always more fun with friends) and reupolstery (you also made a new cover for your car seat right!!) I so need to learn :)

By the way the chairs look amazing (minus the markers :))

Loric said...

Oh Britt! That hurts. That really hurts. You're such a good mom for not strangling him. I think mine would have been long gone by now. :)
Boy, I'm missing you at the moment.

aezra noell said...

my heart goes out to you. you did a great job on those chairs britt. Im not sure i know you anymore. you're so friggin crafty and darn good at it! im sooo jealous. oh by the way, sean is not going to portugal...but try not to fret...we are still trying to make it happen for me to come visit. details soon. I miss you sissie!