Saturday, December 6, 2008

What do you mean Cade failed his eye exam?

Cade came home with a letter saying he failed his eye exam for both eyes. Over the following week we continuously would have Cade stand back and tell us "how many fingers am I holding up?", "What letter is this?" and so on. I couldn't believe we never noticed before, but sure enough he couldn't tell how many fingers we had up. He is doing pretty well with them, he was a little nervous the first day back to school. He had his hoody pulled down so low you could hardly see his face.

It was really cute the day we picked up his glasses, the whole drive home he was pointing things out, reading signs and saying "mom when I take my glasses off that ___ is kind of blurry, but when I put them on it's not blurry!"
You look good Cado Potato. We love you
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

RandiSue said...

I was 7 or 8 when I failed my eye exam at school. My parents didn't know I couldn't see either. In fact I didn't know I couldn't see. But when I went to the eye doctor my Mom nearly cried when I didn't see the big letter E on the wall chart.
I was like Cade, I walked outside with my new glasses and said, "Look Mom, there is a tree there."
I never took my glasses off, I loved being able to see. And I never ever lost a pair of glasses and couldn't understand how others could lose their glasses.
Hurray for Cade. He looks so handsome in his glasses.

aezra noell said...

oh poor guy, My heart sank when i heard what Cade said. How sad..to go all along and not know your eye sight is fuzzy. Well he sure looks great...tell him auntie ashley says he looks so mature like a business man. :0)

the little Vinings ; ) said...

Ohh, he is so cute, and poor kid for not knowing why he couldn't see or that he didn't tell you all. Ahh, but atleast he looks so cute and is so handsome in them!