Monday, September 29, 2008

A funny "Grandpa" story!

This happened while they were staying with us. Sunday morning was a little crazy and hectic trying to get the kids all showered and out the door by 10:30 and Dad had a headache as well, but we did it and headed off to church. During church Dad (Kelly) starts nodding off to sleep about halfway through sacrament and is really struggling, there was a beautiful musical number that woke him a little, but then he started drifting again. Finally sacrament ends and Chris takes Dad and Mom to Sunday School and Nana came with me to Primary. Chris thought Dad would be really interested in this since he is also the Sunday school teacher. Chris said he was really surprised when Dad just slept through the whole thing. Mom said he started to even snore a couple times and had to elbow him. Church is finally over we all loaded up in the car. As we were driving home Dad mentions how he is really tired and had a hard time staying awake at church and he asked Nana what she had given him for his headache. She replied Tylenol PM. I said "Dad no wonder!" he asked "what's Tylenol PM". And Nana said it's Tylenol you can take at night. I added " Tylenol PM is supposed to knock you out and put you to sleep." Dad replied well no wonder! I couldn't keep my eyes open and I even took a double dose. I am sooooo tired. And here's Vona giving me the elbow and it wasn't my fault."
We laughed the whole way home and poor Dad got to go upstairs and take a good nap.

2 comments:

aezra noell said...

what a krack up! poor daddy. he he...it's funny cause he seems to do that more often these days...just so happens he had an excuse this time. Got any other good stories or spiritual thoughts you can share? I love to hear them.

the little Vinings ; ) said...

Hahaha, how do you go through life not knowing what PM means? I think only your dad would. He does seem to be a lot more sleepy these days, but at least this time he had a good excuse!