Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Market Day

Cade's first Market Day! One of the wonderful things about being a 2nd grader at Vaughan Elementary is to participate in Market Day. Each child has to come up with a product, or service to sell. Then decide how much to charge and make, if it's a product or buy supplies and have a sign or display as well. They all gather together in the cafeteria and COMMENCE to buy and sell with their tickets they have earned. They even make little open/close signs, so they can leave their booth and do some shopping.
Our first thought was to make the rattlesnake egg trick, but that was a bomb. Dad thought of making Fruit Loop Treats. Sugar and bright colors to attract your attention. Sounds good to me, sounded good to Cade. Cade did an awesome job making the treats! I walked him through the first batch and he made the second all on his own, while I sat on the couch feeding the baby. It made me a little nervous watching him standing on a chair at the stove which is gas, so yeah blue flame coming out around the pot and my son leaning over looking into the pan. For my own sake I had to keep saying "watch your shirt" and "don't get to close", but he did it perfectly without any mishaps. Good Job Cade! Good Luck tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

aezra noell said...

awe, what a buddy!

Carrie said...

That is such a great idea! I think those treat look great. Can I come buy some from that cute guy?

Robyn said...

Awesome!! I just love watching your kids grow!!