Friday, April 3, 2009

Oh no another Fundraiser

Usually I say NO to all school fundraisers and I was not happy when my kids came home totally PUMPED with a CD around their neck for parents to watch!!....OH JOY
But they made it so cute and fun for the kids, I couldn't say no. The kids have to call for pledges for a dollar amount for how many laps they run. And they send home a little script they can read. It's called the the Boosterthon Run and they try and get pledges from all the states. So yes Poor Grandpa Vining, Nana and Aunt Lin all got calls.
Cade took it real seriously we could hardly get him to look at us.
They make it quite fun for the kids and encourage parents to come out and cheer them on. They have the music playing loud as they run and Boosterthon people there to pump the kids up and do different activities as they run. I have to say it was cute.
Chris finally got a high 5 from Cade as he was coming around the track!
The last lap the parents get to walk with their kids.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Wasn't it so fun? We had to do ours inside because of the rain. No fair, parents didn't walk with their kids at ours! You caught some great moments on your camera. Love the pics.

the little Vinings ; ) said...

Super cute and super fun! I can see how with 5 kids it would be very hard to do all the fundraisers, but what a fun idea! I love the new pics on your sidebar by the way! Ohh, and don't tell me that pic of you and Chris is since you had the baby?!?! You look AMAZING!

The "Curby Clan" said...

No the picture of Chris and I is pre-baby. Your sweet.