Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Help Needed

I'm looking for some ideas. I'll explain first though.

For the last 3 years in this ward it has been the Bishopric that get some special gift for the women on Mother's Day. Twice we've gotten really nice church music cd's. (It's late excuse my weird writing) Back to the story...... When it came to Father's Day nothing was done because of course the Bishopric isn't going to do it for themselves and none of the other auxillaries have volunteered to do it. I will feel terrible if that happens again. I'm the Primary Secretary so I thought maybe we could have the kids make something or do something. So I am looking for very, very simple ideas as to what we could give to our Fathers. For example.... I remember one time the kids all colored ties and put yarn around them so they could wear them and it had a cute poem on the back, but I don't know the poem. Please please if you can think of any cute ideas let me know or a site to find cute ideas.

Thanks

6 comments:

Lydia Smout said...

I've seen the kids make these little booklets (out of cardstock) and each page they draw a picture (or color in a pre-printed one) and answer a question (pre-typed on the page) about their Dad. It seems like each sheet of cardstock had 4 questions so you would cut that in 1/4's so the booklet is "card size")(What is your Dad's favorite food, What is his favorite thing to do, How tall is he, Who is his hero?) We've gotten those types of things on Mothers Day and it cracks me up the things kids come up with.

Lydia Smout said...

I forgot to add, hole punch the side and thread ribbon through to make it a book...

Callie Thurell said...

I really like this idea. My little neice did it for her dad a few years ago. It would work best with the little ones. You would want to tweek it for the bigger kids who have bigger feet. Anyway - here is the idea.

Print out the poem "Footprints" http://www.dltk-holidays.com/dad/mfootprints.html
onto thick cardstock. Paint the feet of the child and have them step on the paper. (the poem will be in between their feet)

awwww... Right? It is really cute but like I said - wouldn't work for the big kids.

Jill said...

in primary we asked the kids questions about their dads, (favorite food, what do they do in their spare time, what do they love about them...) then we took their pictures and put it all in one book. We made copies at Kinko's and gave a book to each dad. It was a BIG hit. It was inexpensive, just time consuming. You probably still have enough time if you want to do something like that.

Erna said...

Well, Callie already gave you my one and only idea. I loved the poem so much that I framed it and have it on my wall in my family room.

Good luck.

msfears said...

If you want to do a tie thing again. One year in primary we took packages of M&M's like the individual size. Then took large rubber bands (I guess you could use any string though) and tied them in the middle and then they could slip the rubber band around their necks and they looked like bow ties. Very funny, and a treat for later.