Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Morning

I don't have any pictures, just a journal entry of how my Easter Morning went.
One thing that I love about my hubby is that he loves to play Trivia games, watch trivia based shows and give trivia games. In fact our favorite show right now is called "Cash Cab" it's this cab that drives around New York and asks people trivia questions as it drives them to their destination, if they answer correctly they earn money.
So Easter Morning Chris decided he was going to play with the kids and ask them questions all about Easter and what it is all about. The questions started out easy and they would so excitedely raise their hand, bouncing up and down hoping dad would call on them. It was soooo cute to watch. Then the questions started getting a little harder and Chris would give hints or they would run to me to whisper in their ear. Finally Chris came up with the question, name the 12 original Apostles. Silence. uhhh I don't know. I came up with two, that's a little embarressing. Chris couldn't name off all 12 either, made me feel a little better. Chris went and looked it up online and then we sat around trying to learn and memorize the 12 apostles. It was lots of fun. For example one name is Bartholemew (spelling ?) and we were coming up with different ways to help the kids remember how to say it. ie. what sound does a cow make. I really enjoyed our Easter Morning, it made an impression on me.

I think I enjoyed it so much because it is something I would never think to do with my kids, I just don't think that way. Makes me think of the whole YingYang. Because Chris and I are quite different it can be a struggle sometimes but then I see something like this happen and I am so glad that we are different and he has qualities that I lack and hopefully our children will be more well rounded because of it. Hope that makes sense. As I am writing I'm still trying to figure out what exactly I'm feeling.

1 comments:

Carrie said...

That is such a fun idea Chris had. Randy and I are totally different too. He thinks and does things, I would never be able to do. It IS such a blessing for the children. Sometimes I think, "I am so glad they have Randy. What would I ever do without him." Ya know?