Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Square Dancing!!!

There is a gentleman in our ward that learned how to call square dances from his father, he has the perfect voice for it and is a very funny, witty guy. Our ward decided to put his talent to good use and set up a square dancing night!
We had a blast learning all the dance steps. It was on this dance, the Virginia Reel, that I took a tumble. See the couple sashaying(spelling ?)down the middle. Chris and I were head couple sashaying down the middle, mind you its a very fast dance and you are practically running sideways, when my heel slipped off my flip flop(big mistake) and then my other foot stepped on my shoe. It could have been just a little stumble except that Chris was holding my hands and was looking forward and did not see me begin to trip so I kind of flew sideways and landed on my butt and got dragged across the smooth court floor as Chris is holding my hands up in the air. The part I am really embarrassed about is that my shirt got pulled up and showed that I didn't have real maternity pants on. I had my regular pants on that were zipped down and strapped together with a rubberband. Yeah, there was a nice uncomfortable silence after that. Fun memories, fun memories. p.s. yes, I know there is a run on sentence and Chris will probably give me a grammar lesson and then have me fix it. thanks Chris. :)
We brought along our kids and let them play in the nursery. Mason came to watch for awhile and we were surprised to see him cuddle up to a "stranger", to him anyways. I think Mason is our most shy child yet, which is funny since he is dragged around everywhere and meets new people all the time.
Here's a group picture of the night!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

aezra noell said...

Oh you poor thing. Bet your butt hurts eh? Thats okay, i can remember lots of times when my shirt would pull up while wearing my zipper down so my belly could pop through. IT happens and your belly is cute anyways. You're such a cute Prego. miss you. love you.

Carrie said...

It was such a ball, wasn't it? I am glad you got some pictures after all. I love your blog. It's adorable.

Loric said...

Thanks Britt!! You paint a great scene. I needed the good laugh! I can only imagine. . . :)

the little Vinings ; ) said...

What a fun night! Sorry you took a fall, but you looked like a million bucks! You are always a super cute prego mommy, so don't worry! Your cute mommy looks probably distracted them all!

Kukustweety said...

Brit,
That is so blasted hilarious I thought I would die laughing...good thing I'm still alive. So does Chris correct Karl and all his many, many, many run on sentances? It would be great if he did. I won't care at all. Better him than me.