Saturday, November 14, 2009

Homemade apple pie!

The last couple times Chris went to the grocery store for me, he would come home with a big bag of Granny smith apples. He likes them but the kids don't really; to sour. I had to think of something to do with all these apples. I decided I would try and make a real homemade apple pie. I made one once when I was a little girl at my friend Keely's house, with the help of her mom of course. If you know me you know how I love sugar, so to make it even sweeter, I did a crumb top of a little flour and lots of sugar.

Turns out that it didn't appeal to the kids and Chris doesn't really care for sweets so CJ had one little piece and I ate the rest of it all by myself. I had it for breakfast, lunch and after dinner one day. Ha how's that for eating healthy.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

RandiSue said...

WOW pie week for the Vining girls.
Ya'll are makin me hungry.

Robin said...

I think pie for every meal sounds fabulous. Way to go!

aezra noell said...

yay good for you britt. Way to start the Holiday weight gain! ha ha j/k. i ate alot of my pie too. sean doesn't like pumpkin and emm...well she had enough halloween candy. so it was left to me and nancy

The Zweifel Family said...

Oh my goodness you ate alot of pie! Isn't it delish though! Hot apple pie with cold vanilla ice cream on top is the best! I started making my own apple pies for the last two Thanksgivings and they were yummy!

Carrie said...

You go girl! You eat that pie like a champ! It looks delicious.

Vintage Vinings said...

Loved the homemade pie & apple pie
eating story!!! Thanks for my best
laugh for the day!! I just don't
understand people who don't like
pie or sweets.

Apple desserts are my favorite of
all! I buy those apple tarts that
come 4 to a package since there
are only two of us home now & we
have them most everyother sunday or
third sunday. Yummmmm!